[BITList] Yanks!!

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 3 12:36:37 GMT 2010

John,

Unbelievable.  Dim ?? There's no word for it.  As I almost said to a lady in the Coop this morning, "Snow in winter ??  Who'd've thought it possible ?"  It's snowing again here, but that's the first since the weekend.  Our buses have been running as "normal", and a couple of trains were cancelled and some delayed.  Nonetheless, a hard core of gossipy ladies remain convinced of the opposite.  "The trains is aff," they say, and they all nod wisely in agreement, before dashing off to spread the news, so it must be true.  I wonder what I came home on last night.