[BITList] Indo-Pakistan War, Karachi 1972

Michael Feltham mail at mjfeltham.plus.com
Tue Aug 31 23:00:54 BST 2010

Last weekend I was visiting a friend of mine in S. Shields; an Indian ex C/E.  He was telling me that he was part of a group of Indians taken from ships in Karachi and put in Jail, due to the War.

A party of them were released and put on board, he thinks it was the DWARKA and taken to Bombay.  He said they were very well treated on the BI ship.

Has anyone any recollection of this, maybe they could elaborate on this matter.

Many thanks

Mike