[BITList] OFF TOPIC - Press release from Mike Nattrass EU flags

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Aug 21 06:34:27 BST 2010

PRESS RELEASE
UKIP WEST MIDLANDS MEP MIKE NATTRASS

Failure to promote EU spin costs Britain dear

Issue Date: Thursday, August 19 2010

UKIP West Midlands MEP says UK businesses and local organisations will be seeing stars as they face being hit by massive fines for failing to display the EU flag. This is part of the EU's identity crisis says the MEP.

The British Government has been instructed to collect around £150 million in fines from companies and public bodies which have not ‘prominently’ displayed the EU flag or logo.

Projects, public bodies and companies which have received European grants must prominently display the EU symbol on their buildings, letterheads and websites or face hefty fines from Brussels.

The YMCA, Advantage West Midlands are among those caught up in the saga which is yet another demonstration of how the EU is attempting to brainwash the people of Britain and erode our national identity.

Last November, Mr Nattrass revealed the first President of the EU Herman Van Rompuy was keen to see a European national anthem and the replacement of a range of nationalistic symbols. The BBC have obliged by using the odious EU Anthem "Ode to Joy" to promote the proms. So now we are required to push a German composer ahead of our own local Malvern composer Elgar.

Mr Nattrass said: "We pay into the EU about twice what we get back. Imagine if our Government tried to force businesses and public bodies to fly the Union Flag – there would be a massive outcry. But the EU now has a complex because the UK population still refuse to doff their caps at EU pomp.

“I believe that we should be friends with Europe but not dominated by it. We should be proud to be British and we should fly our own flag, when we wish to do so. Why promote an EU, something that is destroying our sovereignty?

“Herman Van Rompuy wants to see the increased presence of the EU flag in our schools and at sporting events. The odious EU anthem "Ode to Joy" is also rubbed in our faces by the BBC Proms – bring back our Elgar from Malvern I say.

“UKIP is the only party standing up for Britain and fighting the EU beast which is hell-bent on devouring our sovereignty and national identity.

“We are the only party committed to withdrawing Britain from the EU. Our laws should be made in Westminster not in Brussels,” he added.

Ends