[BITList] Fw: Malky

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 13 11:56:34 BST 2010

Colin,

The word, "malky", is not used around the lower Clyde, unless as the
diminutive of Malcolm, but it's used in Glasgow and futher east. The verb,
"to malky" means to seriously assault.  Stephen Mulrine's poem, The Wee
Malkies, has the lines - "Whit'll ye dae when the wee malkies come and pit
the heid on your sapsie weans? Hey, missus, whit'll ye dae?" The phrase I
quoted to you was incorrect, as you may hear in the video attached to the
link below.  It should be something like, "Away an' don't talk pish."  I
prefer the one I gave you.  Both are used around the lower Clyde area.

Hugh.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOdAKmLcGSo