[BITList] KEN JONES R.I.P.

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 11 22:26:18 BST 2010

I have this from the other site regarding Ken Jones, who was a member of BITlist.  It was posted early on the morning of the 11th.

"Ken died yesterday.  He was a very keen follower of this group and, along with his wife Jean, attended the Glasgow Reunion.
His career as a Radio Officer began with P&O. In his eyes BISNCo was the finest company he sailed with, as a result of his 5 years in Chinkoa.
His long career included spells ashore in Marconi depots and a nautical position with the UN in Indonesia.  A country he loved.

He and Jean also set-up a successful estate agency in Vilamoura, Portugal, before ill-health necessitated a return to their newly built bungalow on the banks of the River Wansbeck in Northumberland."

Ken and I were in regular contact over the past couple of years, and Janet and I shall miss our chats about life in general on the phone.  Has anyone got his home address?