[BITList] bp gulf explosion

CT's x50type at cox.net
Fri Apr 30 19:01:25 BST 2010

hugh

further my email on the bp explosion

 this is as near to the horses mouth as I can get......................

  What I know of now, the HORIZON rig had finished drilling ,run a completion liner, and was cementing the casing while fighting loss circulation. Evidently, the 4900 + feet of 26" riser was displaced by hydrocarbons and was too much for them to handle. The 11 dead are drill crew, company man, tool pusher and mud engineer-all killed in initial explosion followed by apparent failure/malfunction of subsea BOP.