[BITList] The Telegraph - Calcutta : Opinion

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 28 09:31:31 BST 2010

John,

I had a least one close relation educated in Indiar, found so recently that research has barely started.  Fee paying schools were never thick on the ground here.  We have are private schools - public schools are the kind without fees, like what I attended.  Greenock Academy used to be fee paying, and St Columba's in Kilmacolm still is, though neither are/were residential. Both still have fancy blazers. There is a fee paying school in Greenock calling itself the Cedars School of Excellence.  This occupies what used to be Greenock Business Men's Club, a vast mansion in the west end - I believe it is run by a small evangelical church, and probably financed by someone with an agenda and a lot of money.