[BITList] Fwd: Copper thieves cut broadband connections

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Apr 27 02:19:12 BST 2010

G'day folks,

A response to the earlier 'stolen copper' story, from an old boy of my school in India, who now lives in California.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 27 April 2010 10:47:06 AM AEST
Subject: Re:  Copper thieves cut broadband connections

Hi John,
Copper thieves are everywhere it seems. Attached is a photo of an outdoor art piece I created for a genetic tech center  back in 1987. The sculpture is fabricated entirely in copper (one ton of it!) and a few months ago thieves started to rip off the lower panels. Fortunately, they were caught in time. I have since repaired the damage and the area is now under tight security but one wonders for how long?
Orra best,
Sam