[BITList] not awkward bastards

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 23 10:24:07 BST 2010

Colin,

The underwear matter arose when one of our accusers ran out of reasonable crimes to allege against us.  I think it was the greyness of it, which was a result of how it was washed.

The mind boggles at a copper piping contest - this was a bagpiping contest held in the Battery Park, Greenock, by the river.  Hundreds of pipers and drummers all practising different tunes and rhythms at once while awaiting the summons to perform for the judges.  It was glorious weather.  We didn't stay long, just sampled the atmosphere, having more urgent business elsewhere.

A thrawn so-and-so is someone who is stubborn/perverse to the point of annoying whoever calls him/her a thrawn so-and-so. Scots (prob Lowland) and Northern English dialect.

I understand I've to accompany Janet on a trip to IKEA to buy a soap dish, so that's it for now.