[BITList] ''Fishing fleet'' found in BT27 passenger lists

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 10 10:04:58 BST 2010

John,

That ship rang a bell.  See attached.  I "saved" her spec from the skip one
day.  Unfortunately, it's Mr Caird's copy (he owned the shipyard in
Greenock), so it lacks all the annotations specs used to accumulate. She was
built and engined in 1878 by Caird, scrapped at Bombay in 1897. She had a
successor of the same name.

To go with the pasenger list mentioned in your e-mail, I have unearthed her
crew and passengers lists for two voyages London to Sydney, 1880 and 1886.
NSW has excellent records online.