[BITList] German Bombs

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 06:22:06 BST 2009

 From another List...

Just had a call from my brother you may find interesting.
He still lives in our home city of birth, Gloucester and one of his
friends has recently done some major construction on Glocester Docks /
Quays.

As he was doing some deep excavation and pilling work he had to by
law, apply for a Luftwaffe bomb pattern map on Gloucester. The CD has
arrived (copy on its way to me) and shows every bomb that fell in
Glovester, UXB's defused in Gloucester bomb damage and casualties and
very interestingly every street and area that boms are thought to have
fallen and never been found and could still be lying waiting for soke
unfortunate builder!! The CD shows a Norwegian construction company
JCB that hit a bomb and killed the driver, hence the UK reports needed.

Gloucester wasn't heavily bombed compared to many cities but the CD
shuld be fascinating. The Brockworth aircraft factories got its fair
share of bombs including one JU88 that lowered its undercarriage to
confuse the AA battries before raising them last second and dropping a
stick right into the factory.

I wounder if you can apply for these surveys without being a
construction company...you could get one for your area.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.