[BITList] Stainless Ford

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:35:34 BST 2009

This is the 1936 Ford Tudor Sedan built for and owned
By Allegheny Ludlum Steel.  This is 1 of only 4
In existence and is the only one currently in
Running & in road worthy condition.  The car
is in exceptional condition, with the interior
And even the frame looking great.  All 4 cars
Each had over 200,000 miles on them before they
Removed them from service.
These cars were built for Allegheny as promotional and
Marketing projects.  The top salesmen each year
Were given the honor of being able to drive them
For one year.  The v-8 engine (max 85 hp) ran
Like a sewing machine and was
Surprisingly smooth and quiet. The car was insured
(we were told) for the trip to Louisville via
Covered trailer for 1.5 million dollars.

We were also told that the dies were ruined by stamping the

Stainless car parts, making these the last of these cars ever
Produced.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.