[BITList] Fw: Timbuktu, a literary masterpiece!

David Harvey bison at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 5 03:29:07 BST 2009

      Subject: Timbuktu, a literary masterpiece!

                      Timbuktu - a ripper!

                  The Australian Poetry Competition had come down to two finalists; a
                  university graduate and an old aboriginal. They were given a word, then
                  allowed two minutes to study the word and come up with a poem that contained
                  the word.   The word they were given was ' TIMBUKTU '.

                  First to recite his poem was the university graduate.
                  He stepped to the microphone and said:

                  Slowly across the desert sand,
                  Trekked a lonely caravan
                  Men on camels two by two
                  Destination - Timbuktu.

                  The audience went crazy! No way could the old aboriginal top that, they thought.

                  The old aboriginal calmly made his way to the microphone and recited:

                  Me and Tim a huntin' went
                  Met three whores in a pop up tent
                  They was three, and we was two
                  So I buck one, and timbuktu.