[BITList] Fw: Difference between 1 yr and 40yrs of Marriage

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 21 14:46:58 BST 2009

Dave,

I don't recall Janet being quite that agile in 1961.  For a start, an old house with an unlit coal fire in Greenock in mid December was not suited to bollock naked gymnastics around midnight.

We went down to Greenock Esplanade to see the QM2 leave the other evening.  A few 1000 others had the same idea, but we managed a stance by the railings.  They must use bikes to commute from P to S on the bridge.  Busloads of passengers returning from Edinburgh via roadworks held back the fireworks and the departure.  Regardless of all the radio announcements through the speakers hung up along the place,  I reckoned when the 5 springs attaching her for'd end to the quay disappeared, she would be going shortly thereafter. I turned my head away for a couple of seconds to look at something, resumed my gaze, and they had vanished. She moved out at right angles to the quay, gave 3 blasts, and was away to Liverpool. A brilliant sight.