[BITList] Indian American expert unravels how plants recognisesiblings - Yahoo! India News

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 15 17:26:58 BST 2009

John,

A fascinating discovery.  I was equally taken by the headline - "Indian American, etc,"  - we used to have American Indians. I find myself asking why his ancestry has to precede any mention of him, though I daresay it will turn out to be PC.  I was reading the obituary today of Ian Wallace, in his day a much in demand bass singer in opera and in lesser spheres.  Ian was born in London of Scottish parents - when he sang at Glyndebourne, his name on the cast list had "Scottish" in brackets after it.  To warn the listener, one supposes.