[BITList] new language!

CT's x50type at cox.net
Fri Oct 9 13:49:31 BST 2009

is it just me - or do the high lighted bits below give you a clear picture of the twitter problem?

I wonder who dreams up these beauties - "timelines remain stale for users"................................huh!

"bug triggered by an EDGE CASE in one of the core services".....................................................wtf is an edge case?

is our language so bereft of description that "twitter-tech" is needed?

For much of Thursday, users could post tweets to their own streams, but updates from their followers were scarce at best. After admitting to a totally unspecified "unplanned site outage" late Wednesday, Twitter waited until almost 2 p.m. ET Thursday to elaborate on the problem. It explained in vague terms that "timelines remain stale for users." It wasn't until sites such as TechCrunch started speculating that Twitter had fallen victim to a DDOS attack that Twitter posted an official statement explaining: "The problems this morning were caused by a bug triggered by an edge case in one of the core services that powers Twitter."