[BITList] And....another Aussie one.

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 07:55:34 BST 2009

I LIKE this one....

An Australian tourist in London decides to skip his tour group and
explore the city on his own. He wanders around, seeing the sights,
occasionally stopping at a quaint pub to soak up the local culture,
chat with the locals, and have a pint of bitter.

After a while, he finds himself in a very nice neighbourhood with big,
stately residences...no pubs, no stores, no restaurants, and worst of
all NO PUBLIC Toilets.

He really, really has to go, after all those pints of warm beer. He
finds a narrow side street, with high walls surrounding the adjacent
buildings and decides to use the wall to solve his problem.

As he is unzipping, he is tapped on the shoulder by a London police
officer, who says, "I say, sir, you simply cannot do that here, you
know."

"I'm very sorry, officer," replies the Aussie, "but I really, really
have to go, and I just can't find a public toilet."

"Ah, yes," said the policeman..."Just follow me". He leads the
American to a back delivery alley to a gate, which he opens.

"In there," points the policeman. "Go ahead sir, anywhere you like."

The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he
has ever seen. Manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains, sculptured
hedges, and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect bloom.

Since he has the policeman's blessing, he relieves himself and feels
much more comfortable. As he goes back through the gate, he says to
the police officer, "That was really decent of you... is that what you
call English hospitality?"

"No sir...", replied the police officer, "...that is what we call the
French Embassy."

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.