[BITList] Irish Raffle

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 06:52:35 BST 2009

Good old ones keep coming back - only the namers are changed.

Young Paddy moved to Kent and bought a Donkey from a farmer for £100.
The farmer agreed to deliver the Donkey the next day. The next day he
drove up and said, "Sorry Paddy, but I have some bad news, the donkey
died."

Paddy replied, "Well, then just give me my money back." The farmer
said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already." Paddy said, "Ok,
then, just bring me the dead donkey."

The farmer asked, "What are you going do with him?" P addy said, "I'm
going to raffle him off."

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!" Paddy said,
"Sure I can. Watch me ... I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later, the farmer met up with Paddy and asked, 'what happened
with that dead donkey?"

Paddy said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two quid a piece
and made a profit of £998."

The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?" Paddy said, "Just the guy
who won. So I gave him his two quid back."

Paddy now works as a personal advisor to Gordon Brown in the Treasury

Bad typists of the word, untie.