[BITList] Off Topic ? - Forces post : BFPO

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 00:35:56 GMT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

I assume most of you have seen this petition forwarded to me by another veteran:

Subject: Fw: Troops post : BFPO

 Dear All

 Please see below a petition to keep the British Forces Post Office from closing.
This means that all free post (under 2kgs) to Afghan will be stopped amongst other things.
Below is a quote from Sky News in bold.

 "When the servicemen and women of our country are fighting and dying
 for this government's dubious honour, it treats them with the contempt
 it has shown across the board," he said.

 "The BFPO has for decades provided a lifeline that is utterly vital in
 maintaining moral and now they want to cut it.

 "MPs have granted themselves £7,000 a year postage -
but they seem to be happy to put extra costs on service families.

How typical, how venal, how vile."

 http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SaveBFPO/

 Please forward this on.

ooroo