[BITList] : Math ?

Ronald Thomas thomas.ronald at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 22 12:56:47 GMT 2009

                              A simple math lesson...............

                                HUSBAND'S LETTER

                                A husband wrote the following letter for his wife and left it on the
                                Dining room table:

                                'To My Dear Wife,
                                You will surely understand that I have certain needs that you, being 62
                                years old, can no longer satisfy. I am very happy with you, and I value
                                you as a good wife. Therefore, after reading this letter I hope you will
                                not wrongly interpret the fact that I will be spending the evening with my
                                18-year-old secretary at the Comfort Inn Hotel.

                                Please don't be upset - I shall be back home before midnight.'

                                ------------------------

                                When the man came home late that night he found the following letter on
                                the dining room table:

                               WIFE`S LETTER

                                'To My Dear Husband,

                                I received your letter and thank you for your honesty about my being 62
                              years old. I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you
                              are also 62 years old. As you know, I am a math  teacher at our local
                              college. I would like to inform you that while you're at the Comfort Inn,
                              I will be at the Hotel Fiesta with Michael, one of my students, who is also the
                              Assistant tennis coach. He is young, virile, and like your secretary, he
                              is 18 years old.
                              As a successful businessman with an excellent knowledge of math , you
                              will understand that we are in the same situation, although with one
                              small difference; 18 goes into 62 a lot more times than 62 goes into 18.

                              Therefore I will not be home until sometime tomorrow.'

        =