[BITList] And it came to pass

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 20 08:11:59 GMT 2009

It's not only the "Christ" they take out of the season, they also remove the
underlying and much more ancient celebration the Christian church wisely
stuck "Christmas" onto.  I am reminded of the Stan Freberg piece that used
to be on radio often (it has that in common with Christmas).  Stan was
playing a businessman being asked about his commercial attitude to
Christmas. "Christmas is a good thing," he said, "and I know a good thing
when I see it."  Exeunt omnes stage left to the sound of cash registers.

Christmas is a time for the suspension of unbelief.  Come 12th Night, my
views go back to normal.

Hugh..