[BITList] Julie Andrews turns 69

Ronald Thomas thomas.ronald at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 15 11:14:04 GMT 2009

        Julie  Andrews Turns 69, this is hysterical

      To  commemorate her birthday,  actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a  special appearance  at  Manhattan's Radio City Music  Hall  for the benefit of the  AARP..  One  of the musical numbers she performed was 'My  Favourite Things'  from the legendary movie  'Sound Of Music'.   Here are the lyrics she  used:

      (Sing  It!) - If you sing  it, its especially  hysterical!!!

      Botox  and nose drops and needles for  knitting,
      Walkers and  handrails  and new dental fittings,
      Bundles of  magazines tied up in string,
         These are a few of my favourite  things.

      Cadillacs and cataracts,  hearing aids and glasses,
      Polident and  Fixodent and false teeth in  glasses,
      Pacemakers, golf carts and  porches with swings,
        These are  a few of my favourite  things.

      When the pipes leak, When  the bones creak,
       When the knees  go bad,
      I simply remember my favourite  things,
           And then I  don't feel so bad.

      Hot tea and  crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
      No  spicy hot food or food cooked with  onions,
      Bathrobes and heating  pads and hot meals they  bring,
          These are a few of  my favourite things.

      Back pain,  confused brains and no need for  sinnin',
      Thin bones and fractures and  hair that is thinnin',
      And we  won't mention our short shrunken  frames,
        When we remember our  favorite things.

      When the joints  ache, When the hips break,
            When the eyes grow  dim,
       Then I remember the great  life I've had,
            And  then I don't feel so  bad.
      (Ms.  Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd
      that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores.  Please share Ms. Andrews' clever wit and humour with others who would appreciate it.