[BITList] What about the didgeridoo????

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 9 10:36:18 GMT 2009

Robbo,

As we all know, the didgeridoo was invented by Rolf Harris.  As for the rest, all true, though it does concentrate on the items that are convenient for the case the lecturer is making.  Much of it was brought to Europe by knights and others returning from a spell of Eastern Service at the Crusades and encountering the stench from all, including the little woman.  Like my father when he came home from India in 1946, they would have peppered their speech with words incomprehensible to those around them.  However, to take only one point, the troubadors were certainly chaps singing love songs, but that hides a much deeper subject, much too complex to go into here.