[BITList] Fwd: Incredible sense of balance and timing

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu May 21 08:34:04 BST 2009

John,

As you say, he's good, but .........

A bike is the wrong shape for that sort of thing, having been designed for a different purpose. I learned that at an early stage after falling off a couple of times trying the old brake-skid-sideways-stop, which was about the peak of virtuosity in the late 1940s.  Not only that, it ruined the tyres, and I was still paying up the bike out of my barely existent pocket money.  The trouble with this modern bike acrobatics lark is that it encourages callow youths to think they are capable of what they see on YouTube, if only they could stop falling off when doing a wheelie.