[BITList] Fw: Charter Boat ? What Charter Boat?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue May 12 17:43:37 BST 2009

I read somewhere that there is an area in North Africa where a solitary tree stands, nothing for miles around but flat ground.  A lorry crashed into it one day, probably driven by a relation of the numpties keeping lookout on these boats. I am also reminded of the Goon Show episode where Eccles is keeping lookout, up aloft.  There is suddenly a minute of crashing, banging and thumping, followed by a silence.  Then comes Eccles from aloft, "Land ahoy !"