[BITList] OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF THE OVERPAID

KENNETH567 at aol.com KENNETH567 at aol.com
Thu Mar 26 11:19:49 GMT 2009

Clearly brains are  not a requirement for international soccer players.
Here are a few  quotes:

'My parents have  been there for me, ever since I was about 7.'
- David  Beckham
'I would not be  bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the
league.'
- Mark  Viduka
'We lost because  we didn't win.'
- Ronaldo
'If you don't  believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed
at the end of the  day.'
- Neville Southall
'He's put on  weight and I've lost it, and vice versa.'
- Ronnie Whelan
'I was watching  the Blackburn game on TV on Sunday when it flashed on the
screen that  George (Ndah) had scored in the first minute at Birmingham. My
first  reaction was to ring him up. Then I remembered he was out there  playing.'
- Ade Akinbiyi
'I can see the  carrot at the end of the tunnel.'
- Stuart Pearce
'Alex Ferguson is  the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's
the only manager I've  actually had at this level. But he's the best manager
I've ever had.'
-  David Beckham
'I've had 14  bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which
were  disputable.'
- Paul Gascoigne
'I've never wanted  to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and hopefully
after that as  well.'
- Alan Shearer
'I'd like to play  for an Italian club, like Barcelona.'
- Mark Draper
'You've got to  believe that you're going to win, and I believe we'll win the
World Cup until  the final whistle blows and we're knocked out.'
- Peter  Shilton
'I faxed a  transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week, but
let me state that  I don't want to leave Leicester.'
- Stan Collymore
'Without being too  harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match.'
- Ian  Wright
'I'm as happy as I  can be - but I have been happier.'
- Ugo Ehiogu
'Leeds is a great  club and it's been my home for years, even though I live
in  Middlesborough.'
- Jonathan Woodgate
'I took a whack on  my left ankle, but something told me it was my right.'
- Lee  Hendrie
'I couldn't settle  in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country.'
- Ian  Rush
'Germany are a  very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out
there  today.'
- Steve Lomas
'I always used to  put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right
sock.'
- Barry  Venison
'I definitely want  Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what
religion yet.'
-  David Beckham
'The Brazilians  were South American, and the Ukranians will be more
European.'
- Phil  Neville
'All that remains  is for a few dots and commas to be crossed.'
- Mitchell  Thomas
'The opening  ceremony was good, although I missed it.'
- Graeme Le Saux
'One accusation  you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best.'
- Alan  Shearer
'I'd rather play  in front of a full house than an empty crowd.' -
- Johnny  Giles
'I was surprised,  but I always say nothing surprises me in football.'
- Les  Ferdinand
'It was like the  ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it
worked.'
-  Richard Rufus
' There's no in  between - you're either good or bad. We were in between.'
- Gary  Lineker
'Sometimes in  football you have to score goals.'
- Thierry Henry