[BITList] The government has no sympathy for our war veterans

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 20 16:35:21 GMT 2009

Rather a mish mash of comments, few addressing the (important) subject directly.  To much sly racist fiddle faddle about Broon's nationality (Mcruin, Mcsnot) - obsessive speculation on the Broon family's war record, und so weiter.  Last I counted there were eeejits other than Broon in government.

Nothing to do with the above, from yesterday's Herald, a tale about two English amateur football teams. One had the misfortune to be coached by a small, bad tempered, ginger-haired, foul-mouthed Scot who kept up a barrage of advice and abuse from the touchline till the ref called him over.  Said the ref, "There's only room for one Scottish idiot in this game, and that's me, and I'm in charge, so shut it, or you're off."  Silence reigned thereafter. Asked later how he had managed to shut him up, the ref said, "I spoke to him in his native language."