[BITList] This Weeks Best Joke (In red)

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 01:03:34 GMT 2009

Last 'amigo' Bill Stewart leaves Telstra

Fran Foo | March 13, 2009

Article from: The Australian
TELSTRA strategic marketing chief Bill Stewart, the last-standing so-
called "amigo", has resigned to return to the US.

Mr Stewart will be replaced by Kate McKenzie, Telstra Wholesale group
managing director, on March 30.

Telstra said Ms McKenzie's replacement will be announced in the coming
weeks.

"Under Bill's leadership, Telstra has delivered increased customer
satisfaction across all our business units and services,” said Telstra
chief executive Sol Trujillo, who announced last month that he would
step down in June to return to the US.

“Bill and his team have helped deliver increases in market share,
improved margins, lower churn and high strike rates for sales.

"Bill's expertise in market-based management has given Telstra an
unmatched depth of customer knowledge and has enabled us to provide
high-value, competitively differentiated products and services to our
customers," Mr Trujillo said.

Mr Stewart’s departure comes after Telstra announced chief operating
officer Greg Winn’s exit in January and bid farewell to Phil Burgess
in last September.

Mr Trujillo, who has also resigned, will leave the company by June 30,
closing the chapter at Telstra with his three closest confidants,
dubbed “amigos” – Mr Stewart, Mr Winn and Mr Burgess.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.