[BITList] THE ULTIMATE IN RELAXATION

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 12 11:41:13 GMT 2009

I got this from a distant possible relation in Chicago.  Vincent van Gogh's paintings sell for many millions of pounds, and yet he hardly made a penny from them in his lifetime.  One evening some years back there was an ecumenical social evening in a church hall here.  Our church choir (including my wife) sang at it - that was when we had a choir.  A young priest came on with a guitar and sang that song.  He sounded just like Don McClean, and he was a fine guitarist.  Before he sang, he gave a wee talk about the song and what it meant, who van Gogh was, etc.  I knew all about van Gogh but I didn't know the song was about him.  So we were all educated as well as entertained.  I've never forgotten that, and it's the only thing I recall of the evening (there was no alcohol).  Turn up the sound.