[BITList] (no subject)

KENNETH567 at aol.com KENNETH567 at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 12:07:24 GMT 2009

The  pastor asked if anyone in the congregation would like to
express praise for  answered prayers. A lady stood and walked to  the
podium.

She said, "I have a Praise.  Two months ago, my husband, David, had a
terrible motorcycle wreck and  his scrotum was completely crushed. The pain
was excruciating and the  doctors didn't know if they could  help him."

You could hear a muffled  gasp from the men in the congregation as
they imagined the pain that  poor David must have experienced.

"David was unable to  hold me or the children," she went on, "and
every move caused him  terrible pain. We prayed as the doctors performed a
delicate operation, and  it turned out they were able to piece together the
crushed remnants of  David's scrotum, and wrap wire around it to  hold it in
place."

Again, the men in the congregation  were unnerved and squirmed
uncomfortably as they imagined the horrible  surgery performed on
David.

"Now," she  announced in a quavering voice, "thank the Lord, David  is
out of the hospital and the doctors say that with time, his  scrotum
should recover  completely."

All the men sighed with  relief. The pastor rose and tentatively
asked if  anyone else had  something to say.

A man stood up and walked slowly to  the podium.

He said, "I'm  David."

The entire congregation held its  breath.

"I just want to tell my wife that  the word is sternum."