[BITList] Welcome Home - Have a Drink

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:03:07 GMT 2009

Cow urine soft drink all set to hit markets
PTI Friday, March 6, 2009 10:45 IST

Kanpur: Come summers and markets would see the launch of a new soft
drink made from cow's urine, which is considered sacred in parts of the
country.

Media reports say that a hard line Hindu outfit, known for its
opposition to "corrupting" Western food imports, is all set to launch
this soft drink.

Reports say that the bovine beverage is undergoing laboratory tests for
the next two to three months and the specific date for its commercial
release is not known as yet.

Nor are the different flavors known as yet, but manufacturers said the
liquid produced by cows is being mixed with products such as aloe vera
and gooseberry to fight diseases such as diabetes and cancer.

"This soft drink has been made from cow urine. One bottle contains
around five to six milliliters of cow urine. We have used other useful
herbs also. This soft drink not only has cooling properties, but also
cures various other diseases," said Ramanuj Mishra, In charge, research
and development of the cow urine soft drink.

Many Hindus consider cow urine to have medicinal properties and it is
often drunk in religious festivals. The organization said it had not
decided on a name or a price for the drink.

Purushottam, an officer-in-charge of the soft drink manufacturing unit
in Kanpur said the product will be sold nationwide and that it will beat
other soft drinks like Pepsi and Coke.

"We are sure that this will sell like hot cakes. This soft drink is
beneficial for everybody. The MNCs that are selling various soft drinks
caution customers about various ingredients. But our soft drinks has
only benefits to offer and we are sure people will buy it," said
Purushottam.

Many Hindu groups feel that foreign imports such as Pepsi and Coca Cola
in the past, have a corrupting influence and see these products as a
tool of Western imperialism.

Comment: I have suggested a name - "Moo-Juice"