[BITList] Gone?

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 00:52:20 GMT 2009

POOR FRED

A bill collector knocked on the door of a country debtor and asked
the woman who answered the door, "Is Fred home?"

"Sorry, Fred's gone for cotton."

The next day the bill collector tried again. "Is Fred here today?"

"No, sir. I'm afraid he has gone for cotton."

When he returned the third day he humphed, "I suppose Fred is gone
for cotton again,?"

"No, Fred died yesterday."

Suspicious that he was being avoided, the collector decided to wait
a week and check the cemetery himself. But sure enough, there was
poor Fred's tombstone, with the inscription, "Gone, But Not for
Cotton."

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.