[BITList] Ivan and Bob

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 29 20:44:09 BST 2009

Mike,

Thanks for forwarding Jim Devine's message.  Ivan was indeed larger than life, a quirky character, and always a Fifer.  There's too few of his kind left.   Bob was a quieter sort, more laid back - at least that's the way I remember him. Both will be missed.

I attach two photos from the 150th in Glasgow.  255 shows Robbo Robertson talking to Bob Gentles, Maree Robertson looking on - beside our table just after the Sunday curry lunch.  258 is at a meal, possibly the curry lunch - L to R : George and Bet Taylor at back, Jim Devine, Ivan Leitch, George Preston, Robbo.