[BITList] Fwd: [BIship] Ivan

Michael Feltham mj.feltham at madasafish.com
Mon Jun 29 14:54:44 BST 2009

 From the other site.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Jim Devine" <brigadoon at telkomsa.net>
Date: 29 June 2009 14:05:40 BST
To: <BIship at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [BIship] Ivan

Stephen,
First met your Dad (and Hugh McIntyre) at Engineers Reunion and BI's
150th Anniversary Reunion in Glasgow (my home town) in 2006. The chat
on this site had previously been fun among those of us with experience
of BI recip. powered steamships and I was determined to meet Ivan and
Hugh - that's almost the reason I attended these functions, having
come from Cape Town where I now live, to reunite with old shipmates.
The pleasure of that visit, and subsequent BIship correspondence only
magnifies the deep loss most of us will feel with the passing of Ivan.
He was larger than life and will leave a huge hole in the tapestry
woven by this band of brothers. My deepest sympathy to you, Ann and
family, he will be sorely missed.
Kindest regards,
Jim.