[BITList] Bob Gentles

Edward Treacher etreacher at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 29 03:47:19 BST 2009

Bob was admitted to hospital about mid May initially he was in pallattive and really didn't want to see people, later he was moved to a retirement home come care facility in Nanaimo, a beautiful place alongside a lake.  I had a chance to visit him twice, he was always in good spirits, but had no appetite and was loosing weight rapidly, the last visit was last Monday 22nd and I had scheduled to see him again tomorrow.

I unfortunately, have also been in hospital for three days ( blood infection caused by prostate biopsy), only reading the email from Sylvia today. Bob died peacefully on 25th, there was to be a private family  cremation a few days later which I presume has taken place.
There will be a gathering for friends  to remember Bob at the Nanaimo Golf Club 3rd July, I will be attending

Rgds
Ted