[BITList] Fwd: [BIship] Ivan Leitch, RIP

Michael Feltham mj.feltham at madasafish.com
Sun Jun 28 22:49:25 BST 2009

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ronald Thomas"
Date: 28 June 2009 16:43:15 BST
To: <BIship at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [BIship] Ivan Leitch, RIP

So sorry and shocked by the news of Ivan's crossing over the bar. We
sailed together on Ordia in 1958-59 when he was a "pancher" and me on
deck as 2/0. We had a laugh together many times especially in Yokohama
when we had a major survey and were billeted ashore. A rough and
brilliant diamond, if not terribly erudite and certainly cryptic in
his e-mails!
I liked him
What happened ?

I know that he used to be a contributor to this site and had ceased
for some time. I thought that it may have had to do with the rule
change that happened some time ago and which led to a rebellious
element going for the other site too.

My very respectful salaams and commiserations to Ann ( HRH!)  and his
children on this their,and our, loss. So sad.

Would be greatly obliged if this could be passed on to his
family.          Ronald Thomas