[BITList] Pastor Invites Flock to Bring Their Guns to Church -NYTimes.com

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 26 19:02:11 BST 2009

"God and guns were part of the foundation of this country," Mr. Pagano, 49, said Wednesday in the small brick Assembly of God church, where a large wooden cross hung over the altar and two American flags jutted from side walls.

I think God had better things to do, but there were sure plenty of guns when his "country" (when did the USA become a country?) was getting a foundation founded.  Using Herr Pagano's twisted logic, I suppose it would be OK for we in the UK to have human sacrifices, given such were part of the foundation of some of the islands which comprise it.  And how about burning at the stake for being thought a witch? - small boys up chimneys?  The possibilities are endless,  just pick and choose what suits the frame of mind.