[BITList] msnbc.com: Global downturn dashes retirees' dreams

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 02:18:24 BST 2009

G'day Colin,

On 23/06/2009, at 1:03 AM, CT's wrote:

 > it's a shame.....................

 > Global downturn dashes retirees' dreams

<< The plight of British retirees in Spain underscores the global
nature of the economic contagion, with expatriates in the EU squeezed
between fluctuating currencies and the collapse of housing markets. >>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31441602/from/ET/

While I can feel some sympathy I have to admit to having other
feelings to.

UK pensioners living in Spain get their full UK pensions. Including
annual updates and even their coal allowance.

UK pensioners living in many Commonwealth Countries receive no
increase of their pension from the date that it is determined.

It is well known that there are WWII pensioners living in Australia
who are still getting the amount that they got from the day that they
retired. Around a couple of quid.

Meanwhile the thieves that go by the title of Members of Parliament,
have been caught with their hands in the till, are the same people who
deny that my pension has been stolen from me.

Mongrels.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.