[BITList] Armed Forces Turf War in UK gets hotter.

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 19 08:59:54 BST 2009

John,

As long as HM Govt thinks on the military as a business, we'll continue the downward spiral.  If nobody else is cutting back, why they hell should we?  Pretty soon the Swiss Navy will be bigger that ours.

A small point from the article : "Gordon Brown has shown little affection for the military – it was he, after all, who combined the posts of Defence Secretary and Scottish Secretary, relegating supervision of the Armed Forces to the status of part-time job."  The present incumbent of the Defence Secretary job should be doing that full-time, since the post of Scottish Secretary is an irrelevance that should cease to exist.