[BITList] harland

CT's x50type at cox.net
Thu Jun 18 16:04:27 BST 2009

hugh

thanks so much for the excellent pix of the hw/bw diesels - outstanding work.

a yachtsman, car-guy and retired chevron geologist I know fancies himself as an engineer and was asking about prime movers for the large containers ships
someone had sent him stuff about the emma maersk.................
he couldn't see how a 2 stroke diesel engine could produce >100,000 hp at abt 110 rpm!
so we got into that, then strayed into the da 2s diesels. he didn't believe such things were possible.
it will blow his mind to see the da 4 stroke h&w engine.

many thanks once again