[BITList] Motorists to pay £250 tax for parking at work - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 31 06:57:17 BST 2009

John,

At last, a bunch of literate comments, not a single one complaining about illegal immigrants !  A Danish shipyard wherein I worked in the 60s had plenty of parking space, moreover, it was situated in sylvan surroundings, so there was plenty of space for more.  Nowithstanding, they ran a scheme to minimise the number of cars being used.  Cars with one occupant were frowned on, and a full car was OK.  To that end they issued guidelines.  Staff were encouraged to organise rotas, and a scale of charges, passenger to driver (I recall 1 krone per head), was printed and actively used.  Those having cars were on a "you take me this week and I'll take you next week" arrangement - the rest of us paid. It worked.