[BITList] abandon hope

CT's x50type at cox.net
Wed Jul 29 22:20:00 BST 2009

hugh

you probably couldn't open the *.doc file I sent before in connection to this subject, so here it is again as jpg file.

this seemed to be how every project went..............................................!

particularly apt is item #6....................

I recognise the type of project in question, though I've only ever been on
the fringes of such.  Usually they start off as a "it would be a good idea
to have a go at" type of project.  Kincaid at one point dallied (they called
it a project, and it had a project leader) with power station work with
Werkspoor engines.  The man in charge had been moved sideways from Chief in
the DO (he was a very competent marine engineer) for being hard to handle,
and I was seconded to work with him for much the same reason. I didn't move
from my desk/board/work station. There were lots of meetings and phone calls
to the Netherlands and I did a few diagrams.  Eventually I reached
disillusion and drifted back to my previous job and nobody noticed, not even
the project leader.  That was all down to the sort of top staff that started
to come into the industry in the late 80s.  A firm chock full of real
engineers was being led by anything but with very neat desks.  Finally it
was headed by asset strippers and its assets got stripped.  Now it exists in
the name of a care home that occupies a corner of the site - Kincaid Gate.
I think we are supposed to rejoice in the name being preserved.