[BITList] Tree Huggers

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 06:41:16 GMT 2009

A few years ago, in the Far West of New South Wales, Australia, the
Federal Government Regional Agriculture Service were presenting an
alternative to the cockys problem of controlling the dingo population.

It seemed that, after years of the cockys using the tried and true
methods of shooting and/or trapping the predators, the tree-huggers
had a "more humane" solution. What they proposed was for the animals
to be captured alive, the males castrated, then let loose again...and
thus the population would be controlled.

Well, all the cockys thought about this amazing idea for a couple of
minutes. Finally, an old boy in the back stood up, put his hat on the
back of his head and said, Son, I don't think you understand the
problem. These dingoes ain't fuckin' our sheep....they're eatin' 'em."

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.