[BITList] Glaswegian Humour

Ronald Thomas thomas.ronald at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 25 20:54:02 GMT 2009

      A bus was holding up traffic in Glasgow 's Hope Street while it stopped at the lights with its hazard flashers on. The driver, in the pouring rain, was out of his cab, trying to fix his broken windscreen wipers.

      A woman driver pulled up beside him, felt sorry for him in the rain, rolled down her window and asked: "Excuse me, would you like a screwdriver?"

      Without missing a beat, the driver replied: "Thanks for the offer, hen, but I'm running 10 minutes late as it is."