[BITList] FW: [George Galloway] Viva Palestina aid convoy to Gaza: A message from George Galloway

Robbo macrob37 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 23 03:36:52 GMT 2009

Message from George.

Here I am  on the wrong side of the world with the HGV licence  and would
love to be part of it
..Ahh well

  _____

Galloway .com
Sent: Friday, 23 January 2009 8:42 AM
To: george-galloway-mailing-list at googlegroups.com
Subject: [George Galloway] Viva Palestina aid convoy to Gaza: A message from
George Galloway

  <http://www.respectrenewal.org/image002.jpg>

Viva Palestina!

Lifeline for Gaza aid convoy leaving on Saturday 14 February 2009

Send a Valentine to Palestine

contact: http://www.vivapalestina.org <http://www.vivapalestina.org/> ,
email ghada at vivapalestina.org or call 07958 450 867

A message from George Galloway

More than 1,300 dead - more than 400 of them children - and still they are
dragging bodies from the ruins.

The death toll in Gaza is rising, while the world's leaders and media look
away in search of a new story.

We will not look away. The Palestinians in Gaza need our help now, just as
they did when Israel's bombs and illegal weapons were dropping.

Thousands of people have contacted me to say that they have marched, cried
at the television pictures and feel helpless in the face of the suffering.

That's why I have launched a major initiative in response to the
humanitarian crisis in Gaza. I will be leading an aid convoy from London to
Gaza leaving on 14 February and travelling through France, Spain, Morocco,
Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and through Rafah and into Gaza. It will
bring material aid and raise the banner of Palestine in all the countries
that we visit.

The convoy will be led by a British fire engine, ambulances, and many trucks
full of practical aid given by the various communities in Britain.

It is quite an undertaking, which I anticipate will have a high public
profile throughout its journey and on its arrival in Gaza, god willing, some
30 days later.

The convoy is already supported by the Stop the War Coalition - which
organised the largest demonstrations in British history - as well as the
Anglo-Arab Organisation, several British trade unions and a large number of
Muslim organisations. Fundraising for the convoy is taking place all over
Britain.

We urgently need your help

1) Secure a vehicle, fill it with aid and get sponsorship to cover its costs
to Gaza (approximately £3,000 for fuel and expenses). Many people are
donating vehicles to leave there.

2) Money: please organise fundraisers, collections, donations which the
convoy will get directly to the people of Gaza.

Cheques should be made payable to "Lifeline for Gaza" and sent to

Lifeline for Gaza c/o Flat 6, 1-2 Bowling Green Place, London SE1 1YL.

(Account numbers and bank details to follow.)

3) Collect: medicines within six months of their use by date as of 14
February, and clothes for children and adults.

4) We urgently need drivers with HGV licences and mechanics.

5) Due to visa arrangements all those coming on the convoy must have a
British passport.

Please give whatever help you can - let's send a lifeline from Britain to
Gaza.

email ghada at vivapalestina.org or call 07958 450 867

 George Galloway <http://www.respectrenewal.org/image004.jpg>

George Galloway MP