[BITList] goodbye

realm33 at msn.com realm33 at msn.com
Sat Jan 17 02:41:46 GMT 2009

 I  suppose you have all seen this - it's new to me.

i take no responsibility for the contents nor the accuracy or otherwise there of; i am merely the messenger, and don't tell me you saw it in 1987 or whenever...................................

Goodbye to my England, So long my old friend
     Your days are numbered, being brought to an end
     To be Scottish, Irish or Welsh that's fine
     But don't say you're English, that's way  out of line.

    The French and the Germans may call themselves such
        So may Norwegians, the Swedes and the Dutch
        You can say you are Russian or maybe a Dane
        But don't say you're English ever again.

     At Broadcasting House the word is taboo
      In Brussels it's scrapped, in Parliament too
      Even schools are affected, staff do as they're  told
      They must not teach children about England of old.
     Writers like Shakespeare, Milton and Shaw
      The pupils don't learn about them anymore
     How about Agincourt, Hastings , Arnhem or Mons ?
      When England lost hosts of her very brave sons.

      We are not Europeans, how can we be?
      Europe is miles away over the sea
      We're the English from England, let's all be  proud
      Stand up and be counted - Shout it out loud !

      Let's tell our Government and Brussels too
      We're proud of our heritage and the Red, White  and Blue
      Fly the flag of Saint George
      Let the world know - WE WANT OUR ENGLAND BACK !!!!