[BITList] Fwd: [From: Mike Feltham] Below the belt: Australiansubmarine chief in hot water over bikini gaffe

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 15 19:57:27 GMT 2009

Mike,

The terminally offended are still with us, I note, with little pleasure.  I
can't even begin to think what their reaction would be to something really
awful.  Explode? We can only hope.  Last night Yahoo News carried a piece on
a war of words that broke out when the Coronation Street production team
were filming a wedding in a CofE church for an episode of that soap.  For
reasons we can guess at, they covered the cross over.  All that has to be
said about it is that they were, and are, utter morons who should be boiled
in a vat of their own piss, but the online comments went on for over 70
pages at about 10 to a page, and few of the comments had anything to do with
the issue.  On average, they advocated all immigrants should forthwith
bugger off home, the gist of this being that immigrants are, by definition,
Muslims.  All of it was interlarded with hymns of praise for God, England,
OUR WAY OF LIFE, and (in more than a few) the BNP in their guise as saviours
of all that is good, pure and white. The few contributions from Muslims said
they couldn't give a toss about seeing a cross on Coronation Street, that
being the sort of thing one expects to see in a church, so why the fuss?
The chance of the UK ever coming into the 21st century is small.