[BITList] More on Nancy-Bird Walton

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 05:49:36 GMT 2009

Nancy Bird Walton
Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:44AM

Here's how she arrived at the title...

As she says in the introduction, Why this title?

"In 1936, I was the only charter pilot in Cunnamulla, Western
Queensland.

Charles Russell, a well-known grazier, was visiting one of his
properties when he was marooned by flood waters. I walked into his
agent's office just as Charles was being told by phone that the
aircraft was being sent to rescue him. The agent told Charles to give
the pilot landing instructions, and then handed me the telephone. I
took the receiver and said "Hello." There was a stunned silence and
then a horrified voice uttered, "My God! It's a woman."

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.