[BITList] Guitar Lessons via the web and "Garage Band"

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 06:42:57 GMT 2009

G'day folks,

For those budding guitar players that we seem to have.....

When you buy an Apple iMac you also get a suite of applications
(programs to you PC people).

The suite is called iLife and is free to Apple buyers.

The suite contains the following apps.

1. iPhoto. this is a photo app that keeps track of all the photos that
you take on your digital camera. The latest version (iLife'09), has
some smart stuff. Such as Face recognition and Place recognition.

Once you have 'told it' whose face is who, it will go through the
whole set of photos putting names to all the faces. And, if you but
one of the new 'GPS' digital cameras, it will tell you where you were
and at what time you took the photo.

iPhoto will also create slide shows, calendars, print out albums and
remove things such as 'red eye' or lighten or darken photos plus more
smart stuff.

2. iMovie. This app allows you to import and edit any digital movie
that you have taken. You can insert transitions and other stuff. Once
you have finished editing your movie it will then allow you to create
a DVD using the built in DVD recording player.

3. iMovie. This will play any DVD that you insert into your iMac.

4. iTunes. This allows you to play any music that you have imported
from your CD collection or even Podcasts. My own collection of music
contains over 55 Gb. I can play my music for 9 days and nights and not
play the same piece gain during that time.

5. Garage Band. This allows you to create your own music using any
instrument that has an import plug to your Apple. You can also buy
music lessons for all kinds of instrument, including guitar. There are
also free lessons available from various sources.

The teachers are well known in their field. For example, for the
guitar, one of the teachers available is 'Sting'.

For a sample go to...

www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/#lessons

and have a look around.

ooroo