[BITList] Secret plan to deprive independent Scotland of North Seaoil fields

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 14 14:02:46 GMT 2009

John,

I read of this some months back, and 99.5% of it didn't surprise me then.  The odd 0.5% is where they reckoned the Orkneys and Shetlands would align themselves with Westminster.  Gie's a break for god's sake!  - what idiot dreamed that up?  When the late Jo Grimond, Liberal MP for those isles or part of them, was asked on a form to state his nearest mainline railway station, he put Oslo.  Regarding all of the above, they're still at it. They won't stop till there's no longer any point.  Old Labour will never be revived, and Old Labourites like me will continue to vote for anyone but New Labour who looks as if they are capable of forming a Scottish Government, which pretty well limits the field to the SNP, like it or dislike it.  I'm neutral, tending more to the "like it" side with every revelation like the above.